Current vacuum therapies are a modern use of an ancient tool and possess the benefits of traditional use, along with many incredible new applications. This therapy utilizes glass or plastic cups and a vacuum pistol, bulb or machine to create suction on the body surface. These cups are moved over the skin using gliding, shaking, popping and rotating techniques while gently pulling up on the cup, and are parked for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release. This suction can reach deep into the soft tissue or can work superficially to pull inflammation and toxins toward the surface, so that the skin and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them. Scar tissues often release quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
One of the most amazing aspects of this technique is the “separation” that the vacuum produces in tissue layers. This enables water absorption and renewed blood flow to undernourished and dehydrated tissue, which is invaluable in pre and post-surgery treatments. It is becoming evident that separation of fused, congested soft tissue and increase in tissue function can be a catalyst for change in many current health conditions.
Benefits of Massage Cupping:
- Decreases and relieves pain and inflammation from injury or chronic conditions
- Helps release and soften scar tissue and loosen post-surgery adhesions
- Increases range of motion and flexibility in joints
- Promotes healthy circulation and opens the energy flow of the body
- Helps in detoxifying the body and improving lymph flow